Choc Layer Biscuits
|Butter||8 Ounce (250 gram)|
|Brown sugar||5 1⁄2 Ounce (1 cup / 170 gram)|
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce (3/4 cup / 185 gram)|
|Vanilla essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||11 Ounce (2 3/4 cups / 350 gram)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa powder||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 cup / 45 gram)|
|Malted milk powder||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 cup / 45 gram)|
1. Place butter, brown sugar, caster sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Sift together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix to make a soft dough.
2. Divide dough into two equal portions. Knead cocoa powder into one portion and malted milk powder into the other.
3. RolI out each portion of dough separately on nonstick baking paper to make a 20 x 30 cm / 8 x 12 in rectangle. Place chocolate dough on top of malt dough and press together.
4. Cut in half lengthwise and place one layer of dough on top of the other. You should now have four layers of dough in alternating colors. Place layered dough on a tray, cover with plastic food wrap and chill for 1 hour.
5. Cut dough into 1 cm / 1/2 in wide fingers and place on greased baking trays. Bake at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden and crisp. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4406 Calories from Fat 1753
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 200 g307.2%
Saturated Fat 122.9 g614.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 699.2 mg233.1%
Sodium 626.9 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 627 g209%
Dietary Fiber 22.5 g90.2%
Sugars 357.4 g
Protein 53 g105.1%
Vitamin A 118.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 62.6% Iron 121.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet