Holiday Special Sweet Potato Biscuits
|Sweet potato||1 Small|
|Coconut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Bake the sweet potato at 350F for about 45 min. until tender. Allow it to cool, then remove the pulp and mash. Measure out 1 cup. Combine the mashed sweet potato in bowl with half the coconut oil and all of the maple syrup.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the potato mixture and blend well with a fork.
3. On a floured board, pat the mixture out into a 1/2 inch thick circle and cut into 1 inch rounds, or simply drop spoonfuls of dough. Put them onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet, then brush each with some of the melted coconut oil.
4. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
5. These biscuits also freeze well, but should be thawed before reheating. I hope you enjoy this sweet potato biscuits recipe, the latest of my vegan Christmas recipes.
Calories 255 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 283.9 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g21%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 106.5% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet