This sweet potato biscuits recipe was given to me by a friend a few years ago. It wasn't vegan, but was easily adapted. These biscuits are perfect as part of a holiday meal, and incorporate sweet potatoes in a different way than usual.
Vegan Christmas recipes for sweet potatoes are often my favorites since I love the flavor, and I am eternally grateful to the friend who gave me her amazing recipe.
Whole grain flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Bake the sweet potato at 350F for about 45 min. until tender. Allow it to cool, then remove the pulp and mash. Measure out 1 cup. Combine the mashed sweet potato in bowl with half the coconut oil and all of the maple syrup.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the potato mixture and blend well with a fork.
3. On a floured board, pat the mixture out into a 1/2 inch thick circle and cut into 1 inch rounds, or simply drop spoonfuls of dough. Put them onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet, then brush each with some of the melted coconut oil.
4. Bake at 375F for 10 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
5. These biscuits also freeze well, but should be thawed before reheating. I hope you enjoy this sweet potato biscuits recipe, the latest of my vegan Christmas recipes.
Have you been looking for some special vegan recipes specially for the holidays? This video has a fabulous, handcrafted Holiday Special Sweet Potato Biscuits recipe. Treat your family to these biscuits and we guarantee you will bag a lot of appreciation.
Holiday Special Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe Video