Almond Wine Biscuits
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Anise extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coarsely ground almonds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
2. Sift flour with salt.
3. Mix, until creamy, add shortening, sugar, and egg yolks. Add anise, lemon peel, and 1/2 cup almonds; mix. Beat in sherry alternately with flour mixture, mixing well.
4. Drop, by tablespoonfuls, onto 1/3 cup almonds; toss well to coat with nuts.
5. Place, 1 inch apart, on greased cookie sheet; shape with spoon into 1 1/2-inch rounds, about 1/2 inch thick.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Makes 1 dozen.