Tavern Biscuit Cutouts
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. In medium bowl mix together flour, sugar, mace, and nutmeg. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until like coarse corn meal; add brandy, knead lightly together. Refrigerate until well chilled.
2. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
3. On floured surface, roll out dough to about Ms-inch thickness. With cookie cutters, cut dough into desired shapes. Place on greased cookie sheets; brush with beaten egg. (Refrigerate dough between rollings.)
4. Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
5. With spatula remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Makes about 4 dozen.