Himbeer Biscuit Sandwiches
|Tea biscuits||11 Ounce (1 Package, Plain)|
|Seedless raspberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Instant coffee||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|German sweet chocolate||8 Ounce, broken into pieces (2 Packages, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place half of the biscuits, bottom-side up, on wire racks.
2. Melt preserves in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly; add sherry and blend well.
3. Spread 1/4 teaspoon jam over each biscuit on wire rack; cover with remaining biscuits.
4. Dissolve instant coffee in boiling water in a small saucepan; add German chocolate and vegetable shortening; place over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and mixture is creamy; keep warm.
5. Dip ends of biscuit sandwiches,one at a time, into chocolate mixture; place on wire racks. Allow chocolate to become firm before serving