Himbeer Biscuit Sandwiches
|Tea biscuits||11 Ounce (1 Package, Plain)|
|Seedless raspberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Instant coffee||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|German sweet chocolate||8 Ounce, broken into pieces (2 Packages, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Vegetable shortening||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place half of the biscuits, bottom-side up, on wire racks.
2. Melt preserves in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly; add sherry and blend well.
3. Spread 1/4 teaspoon jam over each biscuit on wire rack; cover with remaining biscuits.
4. Dissolve instant coffee in boiling water in a small saucepan; add German chocolate and vegetable shortening; place over low heat, stirring often, until chocolate is melted and mixture is creamy; keep warm.
5. Dip ends of biscuit sandwiches,one at a time, into chocolate mixture; place on wire racks. Allow chocolate to become firm before serving
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2752 Calories from Fat 977
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167.4%
Saturated Fat 50.6 g253.1%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1480 mg61.7%
Total Carbohydrates 432 g144%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 148.4 g
Protein 29 g57.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.06%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet