Barley Flour Drop Biscuits
|Barley flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Sift the barley flour, salt, and baking powder into a bowl.
3. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients.
4. With a fork, beat 1/3 cup buttermilk and the egg together and stir into the flour mixture just to moisten. If necessary, add a little more milk. The dough should be soft but firm enough to hold its shape when dropped from a spoon onto an oiled baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until done.