Baking Powder Biscuits
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (approximately)|
1. Preheat oven to hot (425° F.).
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
3. With a pastry blender or two knives cut in shortening until mixture has the texture of coarse cornmeal.
4. Stir mixture gently with a fork while adding the milk. Use enough milk to form a dough that is soft but not sticky.
5. Knead on a lightly floured board until smooth, or about twenty strokes. Roll dough on the board until it is one-half inch thick. Cut with a floured biscuit cutter and place on a baking sheet at one-inch intervals.
6. Bake twelve to fifteen minutes, or until golden brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1611 Calories from Fat 668
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.4%
Saturated Fat 20.3 g101.3%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg5%
Sodium 2992.5 mg124.7%
Total Carbohydrates 202 g67.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.1%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 113% Iron 72.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet