Baking Powder Biscuits
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (approximately)|
1. Preheat oven to hot (425° F.).
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
3. With a pastry blender or two knives cut in shortening until mixture has the texture of coarse cornmeal.
4. Stir mixture gently with a fork while adding the milk. Use enough milk to form a dough that is soft but not sticky.
5. Knead on a lightly floured board until smooth, or about twenty strokes. Roll dough on the board until it is one-half inch thick. Cut with a floured biscuit cutter and place on a baking sheet at one-inch intervals.
6. Bake twelve to fifteen minutes, or until golden brown.