In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Almond Biscotti. This is a cookie-like confection that goes wonderfully with coffee or hot chocolate. It also makes a great gift at Christmastime!
All purpose flour
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
1 , separated
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Almond flavored liqueur/Almond extract
2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely chopped
Cooking oil spray
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Prepare a 15-inch by 9-inch baking pan by lining it with parchment paper and spraying it with cooking oil spray.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, egg yolk and sugar with an electric hand-mixer, until light and fluffy for about 2 minutes.
5. Beat in vanilla extract and Amaretto. Stir in dry ingredients and chopped almonds to form dough.
6. Spoon dough into 2 logs on baking pan. Brush each log with egg white and sprinkle with a small amount of sugar.
7. Bake at 325F for 20 minutes, or until logs are golden and beginning to crack. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 40 minutes.
8. Using a serrated knife, slice logs diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
9. Place slices flat on baking sheet(s) in a single layer. Bake at 200F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
10. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
This Sugared Almond Biscotti is a rare and rich recipe. Watch the video for the details of this cookie-like confection that goes wonderfully with coffee or hot chocolate. It also makes a great gift at Christmastime!