Nut And Spice Biscotti
|Vegetable oil cooking spray||1|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped, toasted|
|Dried currants||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple pie spice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|1% low fat milk||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Maple extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees centigrade and lightly coat a 15.5x10.5-inch jelly roll pan with vegetable oil cooking spray and dust with flour.
2. In a bowl, add flour, sugar, brown sugar, walnuts, currants and apple-pie spice.
3. In a separate small bowl, lightly beat eggs, egg whites, oil, vanilla extract and add into the dry ingredients to form dough.
4. Now, shape the dough mixture into a log-like piece about 1 foot in length. Place the log onto the jelly roll pan and flatten until the log is about 1/2 inch in height. Put the jelly roll pan into the preheated oven for about 30 minutes for the preliminary baking.
5. Remove the pan and cut the biscotti loaves into 1/2-inch, diagonal slices. Place the pan back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes, rotating each of the pieces once. Remove the pan after this 10-minute time period, then let each of the pieces cool.
6. In a bowl, blend together, confectioner-€™s sugar, milk, maple extract and drizzle on each cooled biscotti and allow to dry.
7. Serve cool, with a hot coffee.