|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped toasted walnuts||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine flours, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a small bowl, whisk pumpkin, eggs, oil, orange zest and extracts.
4. Beat pumpkin mixture with the flour mixture until a soft dough forms and turn onto a lightly floured surface.
5. Knead adding walnuts for 3 minutes until walnuts are evenly distributed and divide dough into thirds
6. On a lightly greased baking sheet, shape each piece of dough into a slightly flattened 2 1/2 x 10-inch loaf, flouring hands as necessary allowing 3 inches between loaves.
7. Bake 45 to 47 minutes or until loaves are lightly browned and cool 10 minutes on baking sheet.
8. Cut loaves diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
9. Lay slices flat on a baking sheet, bake 15 to 17 minutes, turning slices over and bake 15 to 17 minutes longer.
10. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
11. Serve cookies as snacks alongside beverages or as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2903 Calories from Fat 1463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 171 g263.1%
Saturated Fat 21 g105%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1536 mg64%
Total Carbohydrates 323 g107.7%
Dietary Fiber 28.8 g115.1%
Sugars 214.8 g
Protein 52 g104%
Vitamin A 774.7% Vitamin C 56.5%
Calcium 54.3% Iron 85%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet