Chocolate Almond Biscotti
|Unbleached all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||2 Tablespoon (Good Quality)|
|Whole almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), lightly toasted and coarsely chopped|
|Semi-sweet chocolate morsels||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , egg wash made by beating - 1 egg with 2 teaspoons water|
1. Heat the oven to 300Â°F.
2. Coat a large baking sheet lightly with butter and flour.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa well.
4. In another bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolk and add the ouzo and vanilla.
5. Stir the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir the mixture with a wooden spoon.
6. Adding the almonds and chocolate chips, stir the mixture until a dough is formed and onto a lightly floured surface turn the dough and knead it for 1 minute.
7. Divide the dough in half and form each half into a log 10 inches long and 3 inches wide, approximately the size of a loaf of French bread.
8. To the prepared baking sheet place the loaves, separating them by 3 inches and brush the loaves with the egg wash.
9. In the center of the oven bake the loaves for 50 minutes, then remove the tray and place it on a rack for 15 minutes to cool.
10. On a cutting board place the logs carefully and cut the logs on the diagonal into 3/4-inch-thick slices.
11. On the tray place the biscotti back with the cut side down and bake for 7 minutes.
12. Turn the biscotti over and bake them 7 minutes longer.
13. Transfer the biscotti to a rack to cool and store in airtight containers.
14. Serve with beverages or as a snack.