|Strawberries||2 Pint (2 boxes, 2 pint size)|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream scoops/Strawberry ice-cream balls||8|
1. To prepare the berries wash them gently, remove hulls, slice in half lengthwise if large and set aside in bowl.
2. In small saucepan, simmer combining strawberry jam, sugar and 1/2 cup brandy uncovered, until slightly thickened-€”15 minutes.
3. Pour over strawberries in bowl and let it stand for several hours.
4. To serve, add 2 tablespoons brandy to strawberries, reheat gently and turn into metal serving bowl.
5. Alternately reheat strawberries in a chafing dish.
6. In small saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons brandy just until vapor begins to rise, ignite and pour into strawberries.
7. Serve flaming over ice cream.