Old Fashioned Gooseberry Fool
|Gooseberries||1 Pound (500 Grams)|
|Icing sugar||3 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Double cream||10 Fluid Ounce (284 Milliliter)|
|Mint sprigs||2 (For Decoration)|
1) In a saucepan, add the gooseberries, place a lid over and cook over a very gentle heat for 15 minutes.
2) Shake the pan at intervals and when the fruit turns very softturn off the heat.
3) Mix in the icing sugar to taste. Cool.
4) Pass the gooseberries through a nylon sieve.
5) In a bowl and cream and whip till soft peaks.
6) Gently fold in the puree and if desired, add a little green colouring.
7) Add into 4 glass dishes and chill till serving.
8) Top with mint sprigs and serve.