Rhubarb Berry Cobbler
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh rhubarb||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Preheat the oven at 375°.
2. For filling, in a medium saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.
3. Stir in the water, add rhubarb, then cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
4. Stir in strawberries, heat through, cover and keep warm.
5. For topping, in a bowl combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
6. Cut in margarine or butter till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
7. Combine egg, milk and vanilla and add to flour mixture, stirring just to moisten dry ingredients.
8. Into an 8x8x2-inch baking dish pour hot filling and drop topping into 6 mounds atop filling.
9. Bake in the preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into topping comes out clean.
10. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.