Partridges with Cabbage and Juniper Berries
|Green cabbage||1 Medium|
|Bacon fat||1 Tablespoon|
|Partridges||6 , dressed, trussed|
|Sliced bacon||1⁄2 Pound|
|Carrots||6 , scraped, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2) Separate and boil the cabbage leaves for 5 or 6 minutes, then drain well and shred the leaves.
3) In a small skillet, heat the bacon fat and evenly brown the partridges.
4) In a roasting pan, place half of the shredded cabbage and cover with the browned partridges.
5) Then spread the bacon, carrots, and sausages and season with salt and pepper.
6) Top with the juniper berries, garlic, sugar, nutmeg, and lemon rind.
7) Then cover with rest of the cabbage and pour in the bouillon halfway upto the cabbage.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 4 hours.
9) Serve immediately in a nice plate.
Calories 2520 Calories from Fat 1152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g197.1%
Saturated Fat 38.6 g192.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 916.9 mg305.6%
Sodium 1320.5 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 299 g598%
Vitamin A 350.7% Vitamin C 195.3%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 81.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet