Partridges with Cabbage and Juniper Berries
|Green cabbage||1 Medium|
|Bacon fat||1 Tablespoon|
|Partridges||6 , dressed, trussed|
|Sliced bacon||1⁄2 Pound|
|Carrots||6 , scraped, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2) Separate and boil the cabbage leaves for 5 or 6 minutes, then drain well and shred the leaves.
3) In a small skillet, heat the bacon fat and evenly brown the partridges.
4) In a roasting pan, place half of the shredded cabbage and cover with the browned partridges.
5) Then spread the bacon, carrots, and sausages and season with salt and pepper.
6) Top with the juniper berries, garlic, sugar, nutmeg, and lemon rind.
7) Then cover with rest of the cabbage and pour in the bouillon halfway upto the cabbage.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 4 hours.
9) Serve immediately in a nice plate.