Best Berry Muffins
|Packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh / Frozen)|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin pan or line the pan with paper baking cups.
2. To make the topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix in the butter with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
3. To make the muffins, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
4. Beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla extract. Add the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in the berries.
5. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Sprinkle each with the topping.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool for 10 minutes, remove from the pan, and cool briefly on wire racks. Serve warm or cooled.