Three Berry Kuchen
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), divided|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apple sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (MOTT'S)|
|Plain non fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Assorted berries||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed frozen (blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In large bowl, whisk together apple sauce, egg whites, yogurt, granulated sugar and lemon peel.
4. Add flour mixture to apple sauce mixture; stir until well blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle berries over batter. Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour and brown sugar in small bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over berries.
6. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack 20 minutes.