Berries are in!!! This video recipe will show you how to make a homemade mixed berry cobbler using blackberries, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
The golden crust has a light crunch on the top with soft, fluffy underside. The berries are sweet and gooey. This dessert is fast, easy, & comforting. The perfect end to a summertime dinner.
3 Cup (48 tbs) (fresh or frozen)
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 stick)
1. In a bowl, add the mixed berries. Put ¾ cup sugar and mix till sugar is no more white.
2. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to required temperature.
4. Grease a casserole dish with butter and set aside.
5. In a bowl, add flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and whisk till mixed.
6. Pour the milk and mix till combined. If lumps are found, it is fine.
7. Add the melted butter and continue to mix till incorporated.
8. Pour this batter into the prepared casserole dish.
9. Spoon the sugar marinated berries on top. Do not spread.
10. Bake for around 35 minutes or till brown.
11. Remove from oven and let it sit for few minutes before serving.
12. In a serving dish, slice the cobbler and serve with ice cream.
If using frozen berries, thaw them completely before use.
Fine end to a summer meal. That's what a cobbler with mixed berries do. This is a video of an amazingly easy cobbler. The variety of berries and the right amount of each gives a refined and yummy cobbler. Enjoy a warm summer afternoon with this great dessert.