Mixed Berry Cobbler
|Mixed berries||3 Cup (48 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted (1 stick)|
1. In a bowl, add the mixed berries. Put ¾ cup sugar and mix till sugar is no more white.
2. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to required temperature.
4. Grease a casserole dish with butter and set aside.
5. In a bowl, add flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and whisk till mixed.
6. Pour the milk and mix till combined. If lumps are found, it is fine.
7. Add the melted butter and continue to mix till incorporated.
8. Pour this batter into the prepared casserole dish.
9. Spoon the sugar marinated berries on top. Do not spread.
10. Bake for around 35 minutes or till brown.
11. Remove from oven and let it sit for few minutes before serving.
12. In a serving dish, slice the cobbler and serve with ice cream.
If using frozen berries, thaw them completely before use.
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.1 mg11%
Sodium 232.9 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 36.5 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet