Raspberry Cream Bombe
|Eggs||2 (Plus 2 Yolks)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Table cream||450 Milliliter|
|Vanilla extract||3 Drop|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Raspberry sorbet||125 Milliliter (1/2 Quantity)|
1. Mix the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Bring the table cream to the boil, then pour onto the egg mixture, stirring vigorously. Strain, then leave to cool.
3. Add the vanilla extract and fold in the whipped cream.
4. Pour into a rigid freezerproof container, cover, seal and freeze for about 2 hours, until half-frozen. Beat with an electric whisk, cover and return to the freezer for about 30 minutes, until fairly firm.
5. Beat the ice cream to an even consistency, then use to line thickly the inside of a chilled 1.5 litre (6 cup) bombe mould or pudding basin.
6. Fill the centre with the raspberry sorbet and cover with any remaining ice cream. Put the lid of the bombe mould on, or cover the basin with foil, and freeze for about 1 hour, until firm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2371 Calories from Fat 1641
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 184 g283.6%
Saturated Fat 113.1 g565.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1421.5 mg473.8%
Sodium 400.7 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 112.1 g
Protein 29 g59%
Vitamin A 77.4% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 65.7% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet