Raspberry Cream Bombe
|Raspberry sherbet||3 Pint|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange liqueur||3 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream/Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Place sherbet in refrigerator about 20 minutes to soften slightly. Meanwhile, line 2 1/2-quart bowl with plastic wrap; chill.
2. Spread raspberry sherbet evenly to line inside of bowl, being sure sherbet comes up to rim of bowl. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
3. While waiting for sherbet to harden, in double boiler, over hot, not boiling, water, with wire whisk, beat egg yolks and sugar until thick, about 5 minutes. Add orange-flavor liqueur and continue beating until mixture is fluffy and mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon. Refrigerate until well chilled.
4. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form. With rubber spatula or wire whisk, gently fold egg-yolk mixture into whipped cream. Remove bowl with raspberry sherbet from freezer; spoon egg-yolk mixture into center; cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
5. In small bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream into decorating bag with small rosette tube; refrigerate.
6. Invert bombe onto chilled freezer-safe platter; lift off bowl; discard plastic wrap. Pipe cream into small rosettes, close together, over bombe. (If bombe or whipped cream becomes slightly soft, return bombe to freezer and decorating bag to refrigerator to firm up; then finish.) Place bombe in freezer, but do not cover until rosettes harden, then wrap with foil or plastic wrap and return to freezer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3775 Calories from Fat 1934
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g337%
Saturated Fat 129 g645.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1461.5 mg487.2%
Sodium 595.8 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 395 g131.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 316.9 g
Protein 32 g64.2%
Vitamin A 158.4% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 39.1% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet