|Beets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Reduced-calorie margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Scrub and clean the beets with a vegetable brush.
2. Cut leaving root and 1 inch of stem on beets.
3. Place beets in a saucepan; cover with water, and bring to a boil.
4. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until tender, drain.
5. Rinse beets with cold water, and drain again.
6. Trim off beetroots and stems, and rub off skins, cut beets into 1/4-inch slices.
7. Melt margarine in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir in remaining ingredients except beets.
8. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
9. Add beets, stirring gently to coat, cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes.