Beets with Lemon and Olive Oil
|Beets||6 Medium, trimmed of greens|
|Butter/Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large saucepan, boil a large quantity of water.
2) Add the beets andd simmer 30 to 45 minutes until done.
3) Drain the beets.
4) Peel the beets and discard the skin.
5) Cut the beets into quarters.
6) When ready to serve, take a large pan and melt the butter or olive oil, add the beets, and toss until heated through.
7) Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
8) It can be made a day ahead or earlier in the day.
9) Serve the hot seasoned beets as appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1105 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61%
Saturated Fat 23.6 g118.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg32.3%
Sodium 1797.7 mg74.9%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.6%
Dietary Fiber 52 g208.1%
Sugars 121.7 g
Protein 30 g59.6%
Vitamin A 34.6% Vitamin C 184.6%
Calcium 32.1% Iron 82.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet