Beets With Lemon And Olive Oil
|Beets||6 Medium, trimmed of greens|
|Butter/Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large saucepan, boil a large quantity of water.
2) Add the beets andd simmer 30 to 45 minutes until done.
3) Drain the beets.
4) Peel the beets and discard the skin.
5) Cut the beets into quarters.
6) When ready to serve, take a large pan and melt the butter or olive oil, add the beets, and toss until heated through.
7) Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
8) It can be made a day ahead or earlier in the day.
9) Serve the hot seasoned beets as appetizer.