Ivy League Beets
|Fresh beets||1 Pound|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Scrub beets with vegetable brush. Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets.
2) In a saucepan, add beets and water. Bring to a boil.
3) Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
4) Drain and rinse beets in cold water.
5) Cut of roots and stems. And cut into Winch slices.
6) In a medium saucepan, add next 6 ingredients and cook until thickened and bubbly. Stir constantly.
7) Add beets and butter to the saucepan and cook until beets are glazed.
8) Serve Ivy league beets hot to kids.