|Sliced beets/5 small whole beets, cooked and sliced||1 Can (10 oz), sliced|
|Cider vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Cover Beets)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Whole cloves||1 Dozen|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a pan, put together beets, vinegar, sugar, onions, cloves, caraway and salt.
2) Heat the pan to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until beets are tender.
3) Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool.
4) Pack the beets and the brine in sterilized jars and seal.
5) Store in refrigerator and use as desired.