Tangy Beets with Grapes
|Fresh beets||2 Pound, root and 1 inch stem intact, scrubbed, boiled and peeled|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Seedless red grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved|
1. Using a knife, chop boiled beets into ¼ inch slices. Keep aside.
2. In a large sized skillet, melt margarine.
3. Add chopped onions. Mix well and sautÃ© on a medium flame till onions turn translucent.
4. Add rest of the ingredients (apart from beets) gradually and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce flame, add beets and mix well. Cook for few minutes till well combined.
6. Transfer on to a serving bowl and serve immediately.