Sweet and Sour Beetroot Beets
|Soft brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||5 Tablespoon|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked beetroot||1 Pound, peeled and coarsely diced|
|Finely chopped spring onions||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) In a pan, place the sugar, orange juice, vinegar and cornflour.
2) Heat to boil, stirring constantly, over low heat until smooth.
3) Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Blend in the butter and season to taste.
5) Add beetroot into the vinegar mixture and heat through without boiling.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Place the cooled beetroot mixture in plastic container.
7) Seal, label and freeze the container.
8) Serve hot garnished with spring onions.
9) If using the frozen beetroot mixture, thaw at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours.
10) In a saucepan, reheat gently over the stove, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 8.