1) In a large pot, cover the beets with salted water and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 30 minutes until the beets are just tender.
3) Meanwhile, in a dry skillet, lightly toast the walnuts over a medium heat. Set aside to cool.
4) Drain the beets and run under cold water until cool enough to
handle, but still warm.
5) Then gently rub the skins off.
6) Slice the beets into 3 mm rounds and arrange on a platter.
7) Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8) Sprinkle the beets with the walnuts, goat cheese and thyme.
When you are in a fix on what to serve to your veggie friends, you may consider this option. Balsamic beets is an easy recipe of beets, which does not require much preparation. Follow the video instruction and serve a unique veggie preparation to your friends.