|Cooking apples||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Onions||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Horseradish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Malt vinegar||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Cooked beetroot||2 Pound (1 Kilogram)|
1. Peel the apples and onions; core the apples.
2. Mince both and put into a pan with the horseradish, salt, pepper, cloves, vinegar and sugar.
3. Heat gently and stir occasionally until the sugar dissolves.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, peel and mince the beetroot.
6. Add to the pan and continue simmering for 15-20 minutes.
7. Put hot relish into warmed jars.
8. Cover with acid-resistant tops when cold