|Diced cooked beets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beet juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine cornstarch, pepper, cloves and orange rind.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, add vinegar, beetroot juice, dry ingredients from the bowl and set to boil.
3) Turn down the flame and cook till the mixture attains a sauce-like consistency.
4) Add in the cooked beets and stir for a few minutes.
5) Serve hot as a side dish alongside steamed rice.