Baked Orange Beets
|Beets||1 Pound, washed, trimmed, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon, sweetened with fruit juice|
|Fruit juice sweetened orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange slices||3 , for garnishing|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a steamer, steam or boil beets for 30 to 45 minutes (or more if required) till they become soft.
3) In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of water and sauté onion in it until onion becomes tender.
4) In a shallow baking dish, spread beets in a layer and top with onion.
5) In a small bowl, mix together honey, orange juice concentrate, nutmeg, orange juice, lemon juice and orange marmalade, stirring to dissolve honey and orange juice concentrate.
6) Spoon this mixture evenly over beets and bake, covered for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
7) Garnish with a few fresh orange slices and serve at once.
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.33 g0.5%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 100.9 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 3% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet