Hot Beet Borscht
|Diced beets||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Wash, peel and cut the beets in dices.
2. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a stock pot, cover the beets with the water and place on a medium flame.
3. Boil the beets for 20- -25 minutes or until they are fork tender.
4. When cooked, cool the beets
5. Transfer the beets with the liquid to a liquidizer or blender and combine with all other ingredients.
6. Blend to a smooth puree.
7. Return the puree to the saucepan and heat again.
8. Take pan off the heat and allow to rest for ½ and hour.
9. To serve the soup hot, simmer on a medium flame until hot.
10. To serve the soup cold, chill the soup in the refrigerator for 2 -3 hours.
11. Ladle the soup into individual soup bowls,garnish and serve.