Beets With Claret Sauce
|Beets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Liquid||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (from cooked beets)|
|Claret||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Wash beets and peel if necessary. Cut beets into julienne strips.
3. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Blend in flour and seasonings. Remove from heat.
4. Drain liquid from cooked beets into a measuring cup. Add enough water to make 1/4 cup liquid. Stir into butter-flour mixture.
5. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Stir in claret.
6. Add beets and cook over very low heat until beets are well coated and heated through.