Orange Glazed Beets
|Beets with tops||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut off stems and leaves from beets. Wash beets and leaves well with running cold water; discard stems. If beets are large, cut into halves or quarters. Wrap leaves with plastic wrap and refrigerate for garnish.
2. In 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat beets and enough water to cover beets to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and peel.
3. Cut orange in half. From one half, grate 1 1/2 teaspoons peel and squeeze 1/4 cup juice. Slice remaining orange half.
4. In same saucepan, mix marmalade, cornstarch, mustard, salt, orange juice, and 1/2 teaspoon orange peel. Add beets; over medium heat, heat to boiling; boil 1 minute, stirring.
5. Arrange orange slices and reserved leaves on platter. Spoon beets and sauce onto platter. Sprinkle with remaining orange peel.