Brisket in Beer
|Rolled beef brisket||1 Kilogram|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Carrots||2 Large, scraped and sliced|
|Brown ale||600 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In the cooker, heat the lard or margarine.
3) Brown the beef well on all sides, lift out and drain well.
4) Fry all the vegetables until begin to color.
5) With slotted spoon lift out the vegetables and drain well.
6) Keep the cooker away from the heat, add the brown ale.
7) Stir well to remove any residues from the base of the cooker.
8) Stand the trivet in the cooker, rim side down.
9) Place the browned beef on the trivet with the vegetables surrounding the meat.
10) Season lightly with salt and pepper and add the bouquet garni.
11) Put the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 40 minutes.
12) Reduce the pressure quickly.
13) Lift out the joint and discard the bouquet garni.
14) Remove the strings from the meat and carve into thick slices.
15) Remove the trivet from the cooker and mash the vegetables into the liquid.
16) Taste and adjust the seasoning of the sauce as necessary.
17) Serve the meat with sauce poured over it.