Burgers In Bitter Beer
|Lean ground beef||8 Ounce|
|Large garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Carrot||1 , coarsely grated|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, thickly sliced into rings|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, thickly sliced|
|Beer||12 Ounce, bitter (1 Bottle)|
1) In a bowl, add beef and loosen up.
2) Add garlic, (reserve tips, if any), carrot, and pepper and mix gently.
3) Form 2 or 3 patties with the mix.
4) In a pan, heat butter, add patties and sear the first side for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Brown, turn over and lower heat.
6) Mix in onions and mushrooms to the pan juices.
7) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then pour in 5 to 6 ounces of beer.
8) Gently boil for 4 to 5 minutes, shaking the pan regularly to prevent sticking.
9) When the fluid is reduced by half, toss in garlic tips.
10) Serve hot with a side of mashed potatoes.