Beer Griddlecakes With Pilgrim Syrup
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. To make the syrup for the pancakes, combine sugar and beer in a saucepan.
2. Boil for about 2 minutes on a low flame stirring until sugar dissolves.
3. Slide in the butter and stir. Keep aside until ready to serve.
4. To make the batter, into a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Beat egg with oil and molasses and add to dry ingredients.
6. Tip in the beer and stir lightly, just until blended to make a slightly thick and lumpy batter.
7. Heat a griddle, lightly greased with fat or spray
8. Drop about 2 tablespoons of batter and spread with back of spoon to about 4 inches for each griddle cake.
9. Brown pancakes on each side for 3-4 minutes turning with a pancake flipper.
10. Stack 2-3 pancakes on each serving plate and drizzle with warm syrup.