Beef And Artichokes
|Lean chuck steak||1 Kilogram, cut into cubes|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (Peeled)|
|Red wine||8 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Jerusalem artichokes||750 Gram, blanched and scraped, cut into chunks|
1. Put the meat in a bowl and sprinkle over the allspice, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Add 2 of the garlic cloves, chopped.
2. Pour over the wine and mix well. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 4 hours (not more than 24).
3. Heat the oil and fry the remaining garlic, halved, with the cumin.
4. Strain the meat and add to pan, reserving marinade.
5. Seal the meat over a high heat, then transfer to a flameproof casserole.
6. Add the artichokes and marinade, cover and simmer for 1 hour.