Cajun Style Crock Pot Roast
|Large beef roast||3 Pound|
|Turnips||3 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Baby carrots||1 Pound|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), cut into halves|
|Creole seasoning||3 Tablespoon (Tony’s Original)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cajun trinity||2 Cup (32 tbs) (onion, celery and green peppers)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat slow cooker.
2. On a platter, slit the beef and slide in garlic cloves all over the roast. Push deep down in the meat.
3. Sprinkle the beef all over with Tony’s Creole Seasoning.
4. Place the roast in the slow cooker and drizzle on top some olive oil.
5. Add in the shallots, turnip roots, baby carrots, cajun trinity and add the water.
6. Cover and let cook for about 8 hours.
7. Once ready serve hot with french rolls for a nice sandwich or with mashed potatoes.
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.7 mg64.9%
Sodium 281.8 mg11.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 76 g152%
Vitamin A 389.8% Vitamin C 40.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet