Chili Beef With Kidney Beans
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Lean minced beef||450 Gram (1 pound)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock||300 Milliliter (0.5 Pint)|
|Tomatoes||6 , skinned seeded and chopped|
|Pepper red||1 Small, cored and chopped|
|Canned kidney beans||8 Ounce (Rinsed And Drained)|
|Plain unsweetened yogurt||4 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oil and fry the onion gently for 3 minutes; add the garlic and beef and fry until browned.
2. Stir in the chilli powder and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomato puree, beef stock, tomatoes, chopped red pepper and kidney beans; cover and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, until the minced beef is tender.
4. Spoon the mince on to hot plates and place a tablespoon of yogurt next to it. Sprinkle a little chilli powder over the yogurt.
5. Serve immediately with rice or a salad.
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 7 g35.2%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 71.7 mg23.9%
Sodium 480.4 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.4%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 30 g59.5%
Vitamin A 73.5% Vitamin C 118.4%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet