Stir-Fried Beef with Peppers
|Olive oils||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and cut into thin strips|
|Beef steak||450 Gram, cut into thin strips (Around 1 pound)|
|Pepper red||1 , seeded and cut into matchstick strips|
|Green peppers||1 , seeded and cut into matchstick strips|
|Soya sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the olive oil in a wok or deep frying pan and stir-fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
2. Add the strips of beef and stir-fry briskly until evenly browned on all sides and almost tender.
3. Add the strips of red and green pepper and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the soy sauce, sherry, salt and pepper to taste and the rosemary, and stir-fry for a further 1-2 minutes.
5. Serve piping hot with brown rice.
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 137.2 mg45.7%
Sodium 866.7 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.6%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 52 g103.8%
Vitamin A 49.6% Vitamin C 251.9%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet