1. Preheat the oven at 225 degree.
2. Chop the onions, carrots and celery and keep it in separate bowls.
3. Season the chuck meat with salt and pepper, once done sear the meat on both the side in a pot along with some oil.
4. Once both the sides have been seared well, remove and keep the meat aside and in the same pot sauté the onions, carrots and celery along with tomato paste.
5. Saute for few minutes and then add the red wine and let it reduce a little.
6. Add the beef stock and then place the chuck meat in the pot and cover.
7. Braise it in the oven for 5 hours.
8. Serve the braised chuck meat along with a glass of red wine.