Beer Braised Beef with Rosemary-Scented Gnocchi
|For braised beef|
|Beef chuck||6 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly grounded|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Carrots||6 , cubed|
|Beer||24 Ounce (2 any beer of your choice)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme sprig||5 Gram|
|Butter gold potatoes/Potato||2 Pound|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan reggiano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Asparagus||3 Bunch (300 gm), trimmed|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Parmesan reggiano||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan reggiano||4 Tablespoon, grated|
1. Tie the beef chuck with butcher’s thread, as shown in the video.
2. Season the beef chuck with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven pour in the olive oil and place the beef. Sear for 60 minutes on both sides.
3. Take out the beef and place over a chopping board.
4. In the same Dutch oven add in the onion, garlic and carrot. Stir well and cook for few minutes.
5. Add in 4 tbsp. beer and place the beef back to the pan. Pour in remaining beer.
6. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
7. Place rosemary sprigs and thyme over the top of beef. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 180 minutes on low heat.
8. Recipe follows.
1. Boil potatoes whole and unpeeled until fork tender.
2. Peel the potatoes with a paring knife, and put them through a ricer.
3. Place riced potato over the counter top and dwell a well in the centre.
4. Add in the eggs and beat with a fork. Add in ¼ cup of flour to the potatoes and knead gently. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
5. Cut the dough into 4 ounce chunks and roll to make rope. Slice the rolls into small diamond shape gnocchi.
6. Roll gnocchi on back of the fork as shown in the video. Set aside for 20 minutes in a floured sheet.
7. Boil water in a pan and add in the salt. Add in the gnocchi and cook until it starts floating over the surface.
8. Take out the gnocchi and place in a bowl filled with ice water.
9. In a pan add in the butter and melt. Stir in gnocchi, garlic, parmesan reggiano and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté all the ingredients.
10. Recipe follows.
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees F.
2. In a casserole dish place the asparagus and top with butter, garlic, kosher salt, pepper, parmesan reggiano and olive oil.
3. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
4. Take out the asparagus from the oven and drizzle lemon juice over it.
5. Plate the Gnocchi, top with asparagus, braised beef and vegetables. Garnish with parmesan and braised sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 1224 Calories from Fat 727
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.8%
Saturated Fat 34 g170%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 310.9 mg103.6%
Sodium 539.1 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 77 g154.6%
Vitamin A 168.1% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 42.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet