Savory Stock Injected Brisket Flat Slow Cooked
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chop|
|Beef brisket||4 Pound|
|Yellow mustard||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|No salt rub||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Mad Hunky no salt rub)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or to taste)|
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as needed)|
|Hot dog buns||1 Pound|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a medium small bowl, add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, thyme, and pepper. Give it a good whisk.
2. Into a saucepan, transfer the mixture.
3. Place the pan on high heat, and add bay leaf to it. Bring it to a boil.
4. Add garlic, reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 60 minutes. Remove, and discard bay leaf after 20 minutes.
5. Strain and let it cool in refrigerator.
6. Trim and remove the fat cap from beef brisket.
7. Place it on a chopping board, and spread mustard on it.
8. Sprinkle pepper, and liberally spread no salt rub on brisket.
9. Sprinkle brown sugar and rub it in.
10. Flip, and repeat for the other side. Pop it in refrigerator and allow glazing.
11. Once the beef brisket is glazed in refrigerator, inject beef stock sauce mixture into it with a sterile needle, at every 2-3 inches gap.
12. Insert some toothpick in the direction of the grain.
13. Preheat cooker to 225 degree F.
14. Place beef on grill of cooker, cover, and cook.
15. After 3 hours, flip, and mist beef brisket with beef stock. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 150 degree.
16. On a piece of foil, place beef brisket. Pour some of the beef stock sauce mixture on it.
17. Give it a good mist with beef stock.
18. Wrap it with foil, and put it back in the cooker. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 190 degree.
19. Remove brisket from foil, and put it back into the cooker and cook until it reaches 195-198 degree. Reserve dripping in a bowl.
20. Once done wrap brisket with foil and let it rest for 3-40 minutes.
21. Cut buns into half, and toast it on grill. Spread mayonnaise on bun slices.
22. Slice brisket against the grain.
23. On a slice of bun place brisket slices. Pour some dripping on it, and cover it with the other slice.
24. Serve hot.