|For the beef|
|Shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Pickle||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Cognac||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Button mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned|
|Angus roast beef||1 Pound, into 2-inch strips (Dietz & Watson® Black Angus Roast Beef)|
|Demi glace||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (store bought)|
|Stone ground mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||5 Tablespoon|
|For the noodles|
|Egg noodles||8 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucent.
2. Take the cognac, add to the saucepan and flambe it.
3. Add in the mushrooms, pickle and saute until the liquid released has evaporated.
4. Stir in the beef strips and mix well. Add in the demi glace and cook it for another 7-8 minutes.
5. Add the stone ground mustard and continue mixing until the mustard is well incorporated.
6. Stir in the sour cream and let the beef cook for another 6-7 minutes.
7. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add in the chives and mix well.
8. For the egg noodles: In a pot with boiling hot water, add in the egg noodles and boil until al dente.
9. Once done, drain the noodles from the hot water and stir it in the melted butter and chives. Stir fry for 4 minutes and remove from flame.
10. Serve the beef stroganoff and egg noodles hot, garnished with chives.
Calories 1416 Calories from Fat 456
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.8%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 390.1 mg130%
Sodium 1678.2 mg69.9%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 33.5 g
Protein 97 g194.2%
Vitamin A 40.4% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet