1. In a blender blend onion, ginger and garlic to a smooth paste.
2. In a bowl, place the beef and sprinkle salt generously on all sides.
3. Apply the onion paste over the beef. Pour the red wine over the beef.
4. Sprinkle paprika, dried thyme and put the thyme sprigs on it.
5. Using a fork, poke holes into the beef so that the juices of the marinade seep in and let it sit for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
7. Place the marinated beef in the roasting pan and pour the marinade in it.
8. Place the beef in the oven and roast for 35 minutes.
9. After 35 minutes, reduce the temperature to 300 degrees F and roast for 1 ½ hours or till the beef is cooked.
10. Remove the beef from the oven and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before slicing it.
11. In the serving plate, serve the beef slices with rice and potato salad or any other side dish.