Roast Beef Sunday Dinner with Yorkshire Pudding
|Flour||34 Tablespoon (2 cup For Yorkshire pudding + 2 tablespoons for gravy)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Yorkshire pudding)|
|Egg||6 (For Yorkshire pudding)|
|Regular salt||2 Teaspoon (1 teaspoon For Yorkshire pudding+ 1 teaspoon for salad dressing)|
|Any vegetable oil||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (For Yorkshire pudding)|
|Beef tip||3 Pound (for roast)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mince (for roast)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon (for roast)|
|Paprika||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1/2 teaspoon for roast + 1/2 teaspoon for gravy+ 1/4 teaspoon for salad dressing)|
|Herbes de provence||1 Teaspoon (1/2 teaspoon for roast + 1/2 teaspoon for gravy)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for roast)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/4 teaspoon for roast + 1/4 teaspoon for gravy)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for roast)|
|Yukon gold potato||6 Large, peeled, cut into large chunks (for roast)|
|Carrot||8 , peeled, cut into 4-inch sticks (for roast)|
|Onion||2 , peeled, cut into large chunks (for roast)|
|Low sodium beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for gravy (1 packet))|
|Dried mushroom||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground (for gravy)|
|Onion flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for gravy)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for gravy)|
|Real mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for coleslaw dressing)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (for coleslaw dressing)|
|Green bell pepper||To Taste (for coleslaw dressing)|
|Low fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for coleslaw dressing)|
|Maraschino cherry/Dried cranberry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved (for coleslaw)|
|Coleslaw mix||1 Packet (for coleslaw)|
|Tangerine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for coleslaw)|
|Granny smith apples||1 Medium, chop (for coleslaw)|
|Flaked roasted almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for coleslaw)|
|Cabbage head||1 Small, chop (for coleslaw)|
|Red wine||2 Tablespoon (for gravy)|
1. For Yorkshire pudding, preheat oven to 450 degree F.
2. For roast, preheat oven to 325 degree F.
3. For Yorkshire pudding, in a bowl, add flour, milk, eggs, and salt. Mix to combine. Wrap it with plastic, and allow it to rest at room temperature.
4. In muffin cups, pour about ½ teaspoon of oil.
5. Pop it in oven, and heat until very hot.
6. Take it out of oven, and spoon muffin mixture in it, about ¾ full. Place muffin cups in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they look crispy.
7. For roast, in a small bowl, combine herbes de Provence, paprika, Dijon mustard, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, and olive oil.
8. Rub the mixture all over the roast. Wrap it with plastic, and allow it to rest for an hour at room temperature.
9. Grease a roasting pan with cooking spray. Place chopped potatoes, onion, and carrot in it.
10. Drizzle olive oil on top, and season with salt and pepper.
11. Lay roast on top of veggies, and cover it with lid. Pop it in oven, and allow it to cook for 2-3 hours, depending on doneness.
12. About ¾ of the way into roasting, remove pan from oven, and check for pan juices. Remove excess juice and reserve it for your gravy.
13. When done, remove the roast from pan, tent it with foil, and allow it to rest.
14. For gravy, in a zip lock bag, add dried mushroom, beef stock, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, herbes de Provence, black pepper, and flour. Mix and set it aside.
15. In the same roasting pan, add gravy mixture with the drippings.
16. Pour the reserved juice, a little at a time, scraping off dripping.
17. Mix, and bring it to a boil.
18. Add 1-2 cup of water, and boil to reach the desired consistency.
19. Add red wine, and simmer until alcohol just evaporates.
20. For salad dressing, in a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, and low fat milk. Whisk it well.
21. For salad, in a large mixing bowl, add cabbage, coleslaw mix, cranberry, apple, and almonds.
22. Pour dressing and toss them together.
23. Pour gravy on roast, veggies and pudding.
24. Serve it hot with salad.
Do not open the door of your oven to check if the pudding is ready. This will flatten it. You can keep a watch at your pudding from the oven window.
Calories 1426 Calories from Fat 612
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.9%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g57.1%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 384.3 mg128.1%
Sodium 2145 mg89.4%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 13 g51.9%
Sugars 27.8 g
Protein 76 g152.7%
Vitamin A 294.5% Vitamin C 57.7%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 63%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet