Pot Roast in the Crock-Pot
|Beef chuck||3 Pound|
|White onion||1 Medium, cut into thick pieces|
|Carrot||3 Medium, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Celery stalks||3 Medium, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, smashed|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Parsley leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Celery leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Red potatoes||16 Small, cleaned|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
2. Tie the parsley and celery leaves into a bouquet. Set aside.
3. Place the beef on a flat surface and season both the sides generously with salt and pepper.
4. Take a frying pan. Heat olive oil in it.
5. Place the seasoned beef and sear it till it turns brown on both sides.
6. In a crock pot, put the red potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, seared beef in layers arranges in order from the bottom (i.e. red potatoes first).
7. Add the thyme leaves, garlic cloves and the parsley-celery bouquet on one side.
8. Pour the red wine and beef broth over the ingredients.
9. Set the crock pot to high and cook for 4 hours (cook for 8 hours on low).
10. In a serving dish, place the beef, potatoes, vegetables and serve hot.
Calories 1548 Calories from Fat 625
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.8%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.5 mg74.8%
Sodium 1141 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.9%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 83 g166.9%
Vitamin A 201.1% Vitamin C 289.7%
Calcium 25.4% Iron 71.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet