Weeknight Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Top sirloin grilling steak||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , thinly sliced|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (handfull)|
|Fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Cashew||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||3 Medium, slice (2-3)|
1. In a bowl, add garlic and soy sauce. Put beef pieces in it, and toss well to coat on all sides. Set it aside.
2. For sauce, in another clean bowl, combine hoisin sauce, beef broth, lemon juice, brown sugar, and corn starch. Mix well.
3. In a pan, heat oil, throw beef pieces in it, and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until they brown. Do not over crowd the pan, you can do it in two or three sets depending on the quantity. Remove the beef pieces from pan and place it in a bowl.
4. In the same pan, add vegetables and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add fresh chopped ginger and then add in sautéed beef pieces to it.
6. Pour sauce, stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Garnish beef with cashew, green onion, and serve it with noodles.
Calories 999 Calories from Fat 544
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.2%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.3 mg51.4%
Sodium 1351.7 mg56.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 27.4 g
Protein 57 g114.1%
Vitamin A 169.2% Vitamin C 556.4%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet