1. Cut steak into 3 finger wide slices.
2. Place steak on a tray and sprinkle salt over it. Apply thin layer Dijon mustard on the top side. Sprinkle pepper and set it aside.
3. Place a stainless steel skillet on medium high heat for about 2 minutes. Pour olive oil in it. Place steak in skillet with mustard side down.
4. Sprinkle salt, pepper and apply mustard paste on the other side. Flip, turn the heat to medium low and cook until done, as per your choice, turning it frequently. Remove from skillet and allow it to rest.
5. For sauce, in the same skillet add shallots and garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Pour veal stock to pan, break the brown bits at the bottom with a whisk. Stir in whipping cream, wine, and remaining Dijon mustard. Whisk and bring it together. Simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Spoon sauce over steak and serve hot with thyme garnish.
Medium rare cooked steak should have an internal temperature of 130 degree.