Blackened Flat Iron Steak with Wine Glaze
|Flat iron steak||2 Pound|
|Canned white beans||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Tomato||2 Medium, chop|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon (for dressing and steak)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, combine together cannellini bean, balsamic vinegar, parsley, rosemary, garlic, and tomato.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss them well, and place it in the refrigerator for half an hour. You may also prepare it a day ahead.
3. On the working board, place the steak. Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Place a stainless pan over heat, just 2 minutes before adding oil. Pour olive oil in it. Spread it all around.
5. Add steak to the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until done to preferred degree of doneness.
6. Remove the pan from heat deglaze it by adding wine to it.
7. Move the steak around the pan to loosen up the brown pieces at the bottom.
8. Place it on the cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
9. On each serving plate spoon the bean salad. Place steak on top of it.
10. Serve steak hot with parsley garnish.
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120 mg40%
Sodium 2451.4 mg102.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 44 g88.9%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 33%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet